Sunday, January 1, 2017

Ringing in the New Year

Well, 2016 sucked!

It was the worst year that I can remember for lots of reasons not worth gushing about because it's over ... thankfully.

Because 2016 sucked so bad, I'm so grateful for the support I received from my family over the past year.  My beautiful wife and continual supporter; my inspiring and loving kids; and my extended family for their love, guidance and support.

I learned a lot about humility in 2016, and I hope that will serve me well in the coming year.

So what's ahead for my family and me in 2017 to get excited and be optimistic about?

Oh, a few small things (tongue firmly in cheek) ...

  • Me making a 'career pivot' and diversifying professionally beyond just being an HR guy.
  • Holly dipping her toes back into the working world, continuing her role as SuperMom in the family.
  • Haley becoming increasingly grown up and finding her way as a college student; finding the college major and career she wants to pursue.
  • Alex closing out his high school days, deciding where he will go to college and venturing out as a young adult to bigger and better things.
  • Luke growing out of those awkward teenage years and thriving in high school as an upperclassman; recognizing that he will have three bedrooms to choose from since he'll be the only one of our kids "stuck" living with Mom and Dad.
  • Our family contemplating whether to remain in Denver, move back to Iowa, or split the difference and move back to Kansas City.
  • All of our kids continuing to 'make us proud'.
I'm optimistic and hopeful that we'll make the right choices with these life decisions and 2017 will be much improved from 2016 for us.  It's going to be, it has to be.

Wishing you and yours the very best in 2017!  




No comments:

Post a Comment